Ricotta Pizza with Fresh and Roasted Tomatoes
- servings: 6
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta
- 1 cup grated Parmesan (4 ounces)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 large tomato, preferably heirloom, cut into half-moons
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, for serving
Preheat oven to 500 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Combine ricotta and Parmesan, season with salt and pepper, and stir in egg. On a baking sheet, drizzle pizza dough with 2 tablespoons oil and stretch or roll into a 16-inch-long oval. Spread ricotta mixture on dough, leaving a 1-inch border.
On a rimmed baking sheet, toss cherry tomatoes with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake cherry tomatoes on bottom rack and pizza on top rack until tomatoes are soft and skins have burst, 15 minutes. Remove tomatoes and bake pizza until crust is deep golden brown, about 8 minutes more. Toss cherry tomatoes with sliced tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Transfer pizza to a cutting board and top with tomato mixture and oregano.
Everyday Food, September 2012
P.S. ….. I am in no way, being compensated for this blog post from www.marthastewart.com … just wanted to share with my fabulous readers this yummy pizza !